Interval International Celebrates 10 Years of Community
Miami, Florida, August 18, 2020 –Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services, announced the ten-year anniversary of its members-only forum, Interval Community. With more than 320,000 participants worldwide and 160,000 posts to date, Community is one of the largest timeshare social networks in the world.
“Over the last decade, Community has become a trusted educational platform where members can gather travel tips, guidance, and recommendations on making the most of their vacation ownership,” said Madeline Berges, Interval’s vice president of e-commerce and digital marketing. “Our members are passionate about travel. Community provides them with the perfect meeting place to learn about Interval’s many offerings and gain inspiration for future vacations.”
Housed on IntervalWorld.com, the popular forum was created in May 2010 as a way for members to collaborate. Since then, it has evolved into a widely used resource.
- Community’s highest trending topic, “five best kept secrets to maximize your Interval membership”, generated more than 25,000 unique views.
- From Argentina to the U.K., users hail from more than 48 countries.
- Many members use the forum to interact with fellow travel enthusiasts. Over the years, some have formed friendships and even arranged meetups at resorts.
- One of Community’s most visited sections – Interval Ideas – was created to share suggestions on Interval membership. To date, this section has generated more than 1,100 ideas, which are used by Interval’s marketing team to discuss ways to enhance benefits, products and services.
– “Most of what I have learned about exchanging and using my timeshare has been from the astute posters on this forum.” — gin50
– “There are a number of well-informed veteran exchangers on this site who regularly provide voluntary access to their expert knowledge.” — lotteryI
– “Thanks for being a valued resource and always helpful to others on this forum. I learn so much from you, and others who always patiently answer questions.” — redsox7
– “Just wanted to extend a sincere “Thank You” for all the great insights and advice you have provided through Community. Here’s hoping for many happy travel days ahead for all.” — travelqueen1234
More than a place to connect, Community has become an important research tool for insights on member interests, travel habits, and vacation preferences. “This allows us to tailor our products and services as well as share takeaways with our developer clients.” added Berges. “Especially during these challenging times, Community has been instrumental to understanding member sentiment, while providing a place for members to share their common love for travel.”
A special member celebration – “Community Turns 10!“ – will include giveaways for the forum’s most active users and a grand-prize drawing for a trip for two. The campaign will be promoted globally across Interval’s print and online channels to increase awareness about Community and its benefits, recognize participants, and generate excitement about joining the forum. Member giveaways will commence on August 24, with winners announced daily on Community.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval’s exchange network comprises more than 3,200 resorts in over 80 nations. Through offices in 14 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and nearly 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs.
# # #| keyboard_return Return to Newrooms